Meet the artist
You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you get really excited because you get to do something you really love to do... that's how I feel about design.
I believe I was created to be an artist. (This is the part where I tell a cute story of how I was born with art supplies in my hands and spent hours drawing when I was a kid).
Full disclosure, I honestly tried to fool myself most of my life, that designing was something that I couldn't do as a career. I tried to convince myself that I should be in healthcare, a marketing manager, an event planner, or a salesperson... and while my previous jobs were amazing and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything, the artist in me couldn't be ignored.
She showed up from time to time and added her creative touch to the day job but her full potential was buried underneath fear, insecurity and irrational expectations. Luckily she was stubborn and persistent and clawed her way up through the muck.
After a soul bearing discussion with my family over sushi (all my important life-changing conversations happen over sushi) I decided to surrender, quit my day job and let the artist in me take over.
So now I embrace it - happily and wholeheartedly.
Hi, I'm Marie and I'm an artist.
As human beings I think we are meant to connect with each other and value the gifts we've been given and use them to serve. I believe every single thing that happens to us (good or bad) is meant to shape us into who we are meant to be. We celebrate the triumphs and learn lessons from heartache.
Mylestone Paper was conceived in the spirit of honoring these moments and creating designs that celebrate life!
- I give great hugs. If you see me on the street, don't give me a handshake, give me a hug!
- I love chicken wings. I'm embarrassed (and a little bit proud) to admit I ate 26 wings in one sitting once. Yes I said 26 (TWENTY SIX). I think I'm still recovering from it.
- I’m an SJS survivor. Feel free to ask me about it!
- My dog Oliver is the best dog in the multiverse.
- Before I became a full time designer I rented fancy event furniture for some of the best events in the world. It was one of my most favorite jobs ever.
- I’m an introvert.
- Tea > Coffee and Wine > Beer
- I was born in the Philippines (moved to the US when I was 2 years old and yes my mom was a nurse.)
- I love to travel and if I could have a special skill it would be to speak all the languages of the world.
- I have a podcast obsession.
- I know this is controversial, but I hate peanut butter.